Job Title: Produce Packaging Specialist
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Background and Overview:
Agbotic is working to nurture humans and heal nature with leading agricultural technology on local, organic and regenerative farms. Our farms clean the air, water and soil while growing healthy organic food.
Our Sackets Harbor farm has a Safe Quality Food (SQF) wash and pack facility on site and we are seeking honest, hardworking people with a positive attitude to join our farm team. In this role, you will wash and package premium-quality fresh, organic produce for sale to America’s leading retail stores and food service companies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
You will work closely with and as a member of the fresh produce wash-pack team to make clean, high-quality, and properly packaged fresh produce while adhering to the highest standards of food and work safety.
Our farm is USDA organic, Real Organic and SQF certified. Our team rigorously follows these standards, rules and regulations to ensure compliance with these certifications on the farm, in our greenhouses, wash-pack facility, food coolers, trucks and storage areas.
You will receive SQF training and will be familiarized with USDA Organic and Real Organic Project standards.
You will operate food washing and packaging equipment.
Your will collaborate with the wash-pack team to meet production schedules and objectives for packaging units, cases, and pallets of fresh produce on time, on budget to the highest quality standards.
You will interact with greenhouse growers and farm operational personal to help smoothly operate and maintain a farm and food packaging operation.
You will assist with inventory management and periodic recording keeping.
You will be involved in daily, open and honest communication regarding expectations, schedules, standards, ideas, questions, issues or concerns, etc. regarding your safe and clean working environment, food safety, product quality, and continuous workplace improvement.
We are seeking team members with the following attributes:
· Honest, hard-working and a positive attitude with high standards for personal hygiene
· Passion for organic food, farming and environmentalism
· Strong attention to detail and solid communication skills
· Willingness to work all day on your feet and collaborate with a team
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Physical ability to stand for long periods, lift up to 50 pounds, and perform repetitive tasks in a chilled environment food wash-pack facility.
· Flexibility to work variable shifts, including weekends and holidays for overtime and holiday pay as needed.
· Previous experience in food handling, washing, or packing is preferred but not required
· Basic math and computer skills preferred but not required
· Good references.
This is an entry level position that pays hourly wages equivalent to $34,000 annual staring pay, plus overtime, bonus compensation, and outstanding benefits package. We offer opportunities for growth and advancement within our organization and several Produce Packaging Specialists have advanced to greenhouse operations positions.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org